Sunday, December 5, 2010

Books.


How to explain books? I can only explain what they mean to me. They are everything. The way they look, the way they smell, the sound their pages make when they turn, the stories they tell, oh the stories. It's the words that make books come alive. I'm not just talking fiction (although, fiction is my favourite, hands down), cookbooks use their words to make magic, books about hobbies, how to knit, crafts, travel. Some use pictures to tell the story. It is what is enclosed in the pages that mean the most.
But perhaps I am too adamant. Because I have to say, standing there in the book shop or library, with my satchel resting on my shoulder, and gazing up (or down) at the rows and rows and stacks and stacks of books that lay out in front of me like endless possibilities, it is the way the books look on the shelves that take my attention. I do love a good spine, a good cover page.
They are expensive, yes, but they are there for the taking.
Everything that books consist of make books what they are to me.

I know I'm meant to have books in my life forever. I started off as a tiny booklover, scouting the library shelves, wanting to read adult books when I was eleven, and I know I will end my life as a booklover, scouting the opshop shelves for old gems.

I thought once - is it possible to read every book in the world? No.
But lets try and read as many as we can.



Jamie, 21, girl, movie lover, book lover obvs, personal baker and cook, vintage sunglasses collector, TV on DVD watcher, laugher, animal lover, and pun artist.
Pleased to meetcha!
This blog will contain all my book ravings, my thoughts, my dreams and book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment